- Spirits of Mexico NY
- New York, NY
- October 13, 2011
YBOR COCKTAIL CHALLENGE
WINNER THE YBOR COCKTAIL CHALLENGE
1½ oz Pirates Choice Key Lime Rum
3 oz Guava Juice or Guava Nectar
1 oz Roses Cranberry Twist Mix
¼ - ½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
Mix Key Lime Rum, Guava Nectar, and Roses Cranberry
together and pour over glass of ice.
Squeeze and float fresh lime juice on top. Garnish with Lime and Enjoy.
2 oz. 10 Cane Rum
- 1 oz. Mira Guava Nectar
- 1 tbsp. honey syrup (equal parts liquefied honey to hot water)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Garnish: Sugar cane stick and a dried star anis.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Add the garnish.
(Note from creator) “In thinking up this cocktail, I did some research on the guava. I came to find that the number one pollinator of the guava fruit is the honey bee. So I figured the flavors of the guava and honey would naturally combine well. I also thought the sugar cane stick on top sort of looked like a cigar, and that the star anis represented the fight for freedom.
Jonathan Pogash, NYC
2nd Runner Up
1oz. Pirate’s Choice Key Lime Rum
- 2oz. Pirate’s Choice Molasses Reef Dark Rum
- 4oz. Guava Juice or Guava Nectar
- 1oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1oz. Orange Juice
Dawn Barber, Clearwater Cay Clubs